I hadn't had any new video for almost two years and I was more than a little anxious about what I'd see. Watching yourself partake in physical activity is a humbling experience and you need to accept that somehow video slows down the movement through some digital magic. Its not that the actual speed of a beer league hockey game is closer to chess than the NHL - really, it's some problem with technology.
A few observations and notes for future self:
- Your push/slides are much better than you give yourself credit for
- You need to keep working to improve post slides and RVH
- You might want to start catching pucks in your glove instead of creating juicy rebounds
- Your defense makes you appear to be a better goalie than you really are
- You fill up a lot of net, stop floundering around so much and let the puck hit you
- Stop being so lazy with your c-cuts
This weekend is another round of playoffs as our Winter season comes to an end. The PuckHawg's last season came to a crashing halt when I played one of the worst games in recent memory. We have made it past round 1 where we exited last season and now just two wins are needed for our first 'C' Upper title. Expect a full report- win or lose.