I know I was... until I watched the new video.
So here is a self-written scouting report on the Ancient Netminder based on the 3 minutes of footage available in this post. It should go without saying that I am disappointed in my progress and have a lot of work ahead of me.
6'2, 260 (Not verified, the scale broke)
Born: After A. Lincoln but before W. Gretzky in Ontario, Canada
Drafted: Never, but left the window open one night and caught a cold.
Last Season: Played 7 games for local Adult Instructional League aka The Bottom of the Barrel
- Relies on posts to determine where he is and is forced to check his position often.
- He likes to stay further back in crease which is hurting his angle and position to the shooter.
- He has average reaction time and his movement is slow and deliberate.
- Drops into butterfly for everything within the circles and then reacts to it - often leaving the top part of the net open.
- He leaves open net to his left and right and tries to use his blocker and catcher instead of making little adjustments to center his body toward the puck .
- Covers a lot of net down low but is very immobile once down.
- Little evidence of advanced butterfly technique (slides, pushes etc)